Junior Condition Based Maintenance Analyst
Wärtsilä Netherlands BV
Geplaatst op: 11.10.2018
‘Young Engineer who’s interested in data analyses in order to predict maintenance”
As a CBM Analyst you are responsible to perform vibration analysis for rotating equipment, oil analysis, control system- and hydraulic- performance analysis. This data analysis is supported by an advanced automated decision support system. The decision support system assists in identifying potential failures, whereby the CBM Analyst can focus on resolving issues in close contact with the customer. All information determines the condition of the propulsion equipment in order to predict when maintenance should be performed.
You are part of our international CBM team (operates from two locations, Drunen in The Netherlands and Finland). We provide CBM (Condition Based Maintenance) services that enhance the business of our customers by improving efficiency, reliability, availability and optimizing maintenance logistics, while continuously improving our CBM services to benefit both Wärtsilä’ s customers and the environment.
The CBM Centre Propulsion provides such services for Wärtsilä’ s global propulsion equipment portfolio comprising of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods and Water Jets. You will report to our Manager CBM Centre Propulsion.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You provide high quality CBM data analysis (vibration, oil, controls, hydraulics e.g.) and create reports in order to support equipment maintenance.
- Provide technical support in your areas of expertise.
- Continuously improve and develop the CBM products and services in co-operation with other Wärtsilä stakeholders to acquire and maintain technological and market leadership.
- Participate in the development of maintenance and asset management concepts that further enhance the business of Wärtsilä customers.
- Proactively provide technical support to Wärtsilä’s sales (support) organizations to improve the success rate of the offering process.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering or equivalent.
- Some experience with or a strong interest in propulsion equipment (or other large rotating equipment), vibration analysis, condition monitoring and / or condition based maintenance.
- Broad technical knowledge and interest in hydraulics, hydrodynamics and control systems.
- Affinity with scripting and/or programming (e.g. in MATLAB)
- English and Dutch language skills are absolutely mandatory. .
- Good communication and analytical skills besides technical reporting skills.
- Customer focused with a proactive attitude and ability to learn.
What we offer you
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees – diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: email@example.com.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä. Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies sales and services for the marine and decentralized power industry and takes care worldwide of the technology for propulsion solutions. We have around 1000 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Rotterdam and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by innovation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphere.
Gerelateerd nieuwsBekijk al het nieuws
Marijn van Giesen : MBO’ers in de OffshoreMaasdijk 07.02.2019
In het nieuws zullen jullie het misschien wel gehoord hebben. Nederland komt steeds meer technische mensen tekort. Vooral in de offshore is de vergrijzing groot; voor alle zestigplussers die weggaan moeten weer nieuwe me...
Maritieme arbeidsmarktbranding – een gezamenlijke opgaveRotterdam 05.02.2019
In opdracht van Nederland Maritiem Land werkt het bureau DST sinds het najaar 2018 aan de ontwikkeling van een strategie en creatief concept voor maritieme arbeidsmarktbranding. Randvoorwaarde is dat dit concept bruikbaa...