Mechanical Design Engineer
Wärtsilä Netherlands BV
Geplaatst op: 11.10.2018
‘Young and eager Mechanical Design Engineer who’s looking to expand theoretical and practical skills”
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are responsible for providing in depth mechanical conceptual design support including detailed strength calculations, 3D-designing, new concept review and failure mode effects analysis.
You will provide this support in concept evaluation and repair support for all Controllable Pitch Propellers, Waterjets, Rudders and Fixed Pitch Propellers in the Wärtsilä Power System Services portfolio.
You are part of our Technical Services Department (operates from two locations, Drunen in The Netherlands and Rubbestadneset in Norway). We ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time technical support enabled by world-class competences in propulsion equipment.
The propulsion products consist of a variety of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods, Water Jets, reduction gearboxes, rudders and advanced control systems. You will report to our Manager Expert Services
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- In close cooperation with technical services product teams you are responsible for conceptual support towards our marine customers.
- Within an existing concept you design and engineer solutions to adapt to new lifecycle requirements.
- Perform on-site Expert investigation supporting root cause analysis.
- You develop and support overhaul and repair methods for Wartsila propulsion portfolio.
- You provide input for the Wärtsilä product improvement process.
- Participate/contribute in product development activities.
- You work in close cooperation with the partner teams within Technical Service Propulsion and Expert Services. Close cooperation exists amongst these teams to enable efficient and world-class support.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering or equivalent.
- Broad technical knowledge and interest in mechanics, hydraulics and machinery controls.
- English language skills are absolutely mandatory. Dutch is a big benefit.
- You have experience with 3D-Designing preferably in Siemens NX
- A true team player with a proactive approach and technical reporting skills.
- You are a strong communicator with good organizational and analytical skills.
- Customer focused with a service minded attitude.
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
What we offer you
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees – diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä. Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies sales and services for the marine and decentralized power industry and takes care worldwide of the technology for propulsion solutions. We have around 1000 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Rotterdam and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by innovation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphere.
Gerelateerd nieuwsBekijk al het nieuws
Help mee aan een duurzame Noordzee regioRotterdam 13.07.2018
U wilt aan de slag met duurzaam transport, efficiënter omgaan met energie of het versterken van de innovatiekracht in uw regio? Dien dan een projectvoorstel in bij het Interreg North Sea Region programma! Deadline hierv...