Project Engineer Navy
Wärtsilä Netherlands BV
Geplaatst op: 11.10.2018
“Power the world’s navies with projects about noise reduction and shock resistance”
For our International Navy Project Management team, we’re looking for an ambitious Project Engineer to join our team.
As a Project Engineer you will find yourself in the diverse and international world of maritime navy projects. In this position you will be the direct support towards project managers that are responsible for the handling of projects of marine products for the shipbuilding industry. During the project you are the central point of contact between our project managers, engineering departments, R&D departments, production locations, procurement, assembly and external stakeholders. You ensure that the project deliverables are in line with the contract specifications and directives. Besides the coordination of the projects, you also take care of collecting and preparing project information and documentation as well as Project Schedules.
The working environment is very internationally orientated. Wärtsilä offices, customers and suppliers can be found all over the world. You will be reporting to our Manager Project Management Navy (located in France) and work closely together with Project Managers all over the world. Due to this international environment you must be willing to travel occasionally. Location for this position is our office in Drunen, The Netherlands.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You will support project management related tasks in compliance with Company Project Management Methodology and Business Directives.
- Assist in preparing project plans and purchase order requisitions.
- Configure products to Delivery Centers in accordance with Technical Specification
- You coordinate project related questions and deliverables to/from Engineering, Production, Procurement and Logistics.
- You represent the project team during Factory Acceptance Tests of the Propulsion systems.
- Offer support to the commissioning teams worldwide.
- Monitor and report project progress to Project team.
- You assist, support & communicate with Project Managers and customers in order to achieve and optimize customer satisfaction.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a Technical Bachelor degree combined with a few years of experience in a project management or engineering organisation. Preferably, you have affinity with the Maritime industry.
- Since you are the only representative of the Navy team within the Drunen office you need to be an entrepreneur with a pragmatic and enthusiastic way of working who can handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Technical knowledge on propulsion and/or power equipment is seen as an advantage.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, oral and written. Dutch is huge bonus.
- Besides technical experience, you also have feeling and interest with commercial, contractual and legal aspects of Project Management.
- Willing to travel abroad.
What we offer you
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
If you feel exited by being part of a dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: email@example.com.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. In 2017, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled about EUR 5.0 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in more than 200 locations in nearly 70 countries around the world and employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä. Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä Marine Solutions is a leading systems partner to the Naval industry. Through innovative solutions and services, Wärtsilä sets out to be the most values business partner with products that are capable of meeting the most stringent special naval requirements. Our experience in providing propulsion and powering solutions for Navy and Coast Guard vessels is long standing: more than 90 countries entrust Wärtsilä with the supply of equipment for their naval fleet.
Gerelateerd nieuwsBekijk al het nieuws
Help mee aan een duurzame Noordzee regioRotterdam 13.07.2018
U wilt aan de slag met duurzaam transport, efficiënter omgaan met energie of het versterken van de innovatiekracht in uw regio? Dien dan een projectvoorstel in bij het Interreg North Sea Region programma! Deadline hierv...