Trainee Mechanical Propulsion Support Engineer
Wärtsilä Netherlands BV
Geplaatst op: 11.10.2018
‘Young and eager Dutch speaking Mechanical Design Engineer who’s looking to become a technical propulsion expert”
Are you a progressive and pragmatic young starter on Bachelor or Academic level and looking for an entry-level job in service engineering, support and operations where you can gain in-depth mechanical, hydrodynamic and hydraulics experience in an international environment? A job in which you will work with innovative propulsion products consisting of a variety of Steerable- and Transverse Thrusters, Controllable Pitch Propellers, Reduction Gears, Electric Pods, Water Jets, reduction gearboxes, rudders and advanced control systems? Then we can offer you a fantastic start of your career.
You become part of our Technical Services Department (operates from two locations, Drunen in The Netherlands and Rubbestadneset in Norway), where we support a large part of the Wärtsilä product portfolio. Our customers operate worldwide in different segments on the Maritime industry such as offshore, dredging, merchant and navy. Customers operate an installed base of 15000+ propulsion systems. As a Trainee Mechanical Propulsion Expert you provide the highest level of technical support for propulsion products to customers and other stakeholders. Support is provided in the field of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and development for all products in the Wärtsilä propulsion portfolio.
You’re located in Drunen and will report to our Manager Technical Services.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You will be trained and educated in propulsion equipment applications and all propulsion products and competence areas like mechanics, vibration analysis, hydrodynamics, metallurgy, control and embedded control systems.
- Be a part of the expert team that deals daily with high-quality technical analysis, support and development in the field of propulsion systems
- You provide expert mechanical support for all propulsion equipment, input for the product improvement process and repair solutions for all propulsion products.
- You ensure customer satisfaction by providing high quality and on-time support enabled by world class competences in propulsion equipment applications.
- Development and improvement of mechanical applications for retrofit and upgrade purposes of propulsion systems on board ships.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering and have maximum 0-2 years of experience.
- Living within a range of 40 km from Drunen, The Netherlands, or prepared to relocate and are fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
- Broad technical knowledge and interest in mechanics, hydraulics and machinery controls is important.
- You’re a team player with a proactive approach. Hard working, sincere approach towards work with commercial awareness.
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles. Knowledge of FEM, vibration analysis techniques, modeling via Matlab.
- Should have both practical and technical skills.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
What we offer you
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation. We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment and a healthy work-life balance. We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
We drive an inclusive corporate culture by respecting diversity. Success requires a mix of employees – diversity in nationality, gender, age, personality and educational background.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receive your job application, together with a Curriculum Vitae on our website: www.wartsila.com/careers. Select ‘Netherlands’ and the position you like to apply for.
In case you have questions about the procedure please call Mr. Egbert van der Meijs (Lead Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 20324766 or by email: email@example.com.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world employs people with very diverse skills, backgrounds and ambitions. We believe in equal opportunities and personal growth and want to support our employees in finding their own path within Wärtsilä. Our business is power. At Wärtsilä, people are the ultimate power source. People who make things happen.
Wärtsilä in the Netherlands supplies sales and services for the marine and decentralized power industry and takes care worldwide of the technology for propulsion solutions. We have around 1000 employees working in the Netherlands on our seven locations in Drunen, Harlingen, Kampen, Kruiningen, Schiedam, Rotterdam and Zwolle. Wärtsilä Netherlands is characterized by innovation, informal and short lines of communication and a healthy working atmosphere.
Gerelateerd nieuwsBekijk al het nieuws
Ook in 2019 gratis MARIN testtijd voor maritieme MKB’ersWageningen 19.11.2018
De afgelopen jaren bood MARIN maritieme MKB’ers gratis tanktijd voor het testen van innovatieve ideeën. Vanwege het succes volgt in 2019 een nieuwe (zesde) ronde. Het aanbod is bedoeld voor MKB’ers die een nieuw m...